Last modified on February 10th, 2021 at 09:35 am
Why study Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering in today’s world is un-avoidable.
- Every industry whether it is transportation and communication, power industry, Medical instruments need electrical engineers.
- There is great demand for electrical engineers for solving today’s global power crisis and clean energy.
- Just as the world needs its Doctors, Nurses and Teachers, Electrical Engineering is something which we simply can’t do without it.
- Electrical Engineering is composed of a wide variety of sub-disciplines that you can choose during the course of your education.
- There is growing interest for innovations in the following fields across the world.
- Efficient lighting and buildings.
- Low power device and circuits.
- Smart power distribution grids.
- Clean energy technology.
- Efficient power storage device.
- Electric vehicles.
- Medical Instruments.
A Diploma in Electrical Engineering prepares you for a lifelong learning experience in the ever-advancing field of technology.
What to Expect From Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering is a three year full-time programme.
- The course comprises of a number of theoretical as well as laboratory subjects evenly distributed across six semesters.
- Each specialization in this field demands hands-on experimental work, which is based on theoretical and mathematical understanding and logical deduction.
- Electrical engineering is multidisciplinary in nature.
- Your Diploma course in Electrical engineering starts with the fundamental topics of electricity, Electrical circuits, Electromagnetism, and Solid State Electronics.
- This is followed by more intensive and comprehensive courses and laboratory work in the areas of modern Electrical Engineering.
- These courses include Electrical machines, Transmission and Distribution, Electrical Power generation and Switch gear & protection.
Govt. Polytechnic Dhamlawas offers world-class learning opportunities for students who wish to advance their careers in the field of Electrical Engineering with the Diploma programme.
Diploma in Electrical Engineering in Govt. Polytechnic Dhamlawas
We strive for excellence in education through best teaching practices and current industry exposure.
- Established in the year 2018 with intake of 60 students, we develop core competency and enhance the availability of highly skilled Junior Electrical Engineers, capable of handling diversified tasks.
- The department is well staffed with proficient lecturers, with post graduate degrees with an inclination towards research.
- The department has well-equipped laboratories for Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Electrical Measurements etc.
- Annual industrial visits are made part of the curriculum.
- Apart from the curriculum we have Project hour, it helps them to build the applications by their own, learn latest technologies and explore themselves to the digital world.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Passed 10th Std/ SSC Examination.
Obtained at least 35% marks (33% in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and
Scheduled Tribes category or Kashmiri Migrants Category) at the qualifying examination.